Thursday, April 3, 2014

Lazy Aya's Fruit on the Bottom Yogurt

Some days I wake up in the morning and take time to cook oats or cut up a bunch of fruit for a layered yogurt parfait. Other days, I pour cereal into my bowl and stare into the distance until my cornflakes get soggy.

Then there's my lazy fruit-on-the-bottom yogurt that comes in between. Easy and involves no cooking, you can make it with fresh or frozen fruit (the difference will be in the texture--frozen will produce an icier, thicker product).


Lazy Aya's Fruit-on-the-Bottom Yogurt
Serves 1

1/4 cup Yogurt of Choice
1/4 cup of Frozen or Fresh Fruit
1 tbsp Ground Flax* (or whole, as it will grind in the blender)
3-6 drops of Stevia**



Blend your fruit and flax together with 2 tablespoons or so of water until smooth. Drop stevia into the fruit blend and mix. Place it in a bowl and top with a layer of yogurt.

*The flax is added for extra fiber and as a thickener. You can omit it if you don't have it on hand.
**Depending on how sweet your fruit is, you may not even need the Stevia.



I personally don't like my fruit-on-the-bottom yogurt fully mixed because swirled just looks so much more appetizing.

Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment