Wednesday, July 17, 2013

The Theme is Cherry

Hey diddle diddle, the cat and the fiddle! It's just about evening over here guys . . . I forgot the sun is still up around 9. Crazy sauce!

Anyway, last Saturday was my friend Cherry's birthday! Kids grow up so fast these days . . . =w=

They came up to visit me in Brandenburg, and then what did we do? We picked cherries and made a cherry cake!



Here's Vicky diligently picking fruit off the tree.



Cherry is scared of cherries! (haha jk)


Look at that blood, girl!


Like rubies! *0*



Cam whoring time!


I think I was looking up music on Spotify.


We pitted all the cherries! Yum!

We finished preparing the cake and put it in the oven to bake. After watching a few old clips from past Victoria's Secret Fashion Shows, as well as some Hip Hop choreo videos, Oli came rushing inside to tell us he spotted a hedgehog in the garden!




It's Sonic!
We didn't want to agitate her for too long so we set her back down quickly, but she was a gentle little thing.

When we came back into the house, we checked up on the cake. It looked and smelled amazing . . .


However! When I stuck a chopstick inside, the center was completely raw! We let it in a little while longer but to no avail. So we did the only logical thing we could think of, and cut the top off and let it bake again (well, the top's the best part anyway, so no complaints about eating just that).

That did the trick!


It's not as pretty as it could've been but hey, it was lecker (tasty)! The cake had the softest crumbly texture and was not too sweet. So even though a part of it didn't come out right, in the end, everybody wanted seconds and it was a success!

I hope I can keep this momentum going with the blog (updating it). I'll see you soon!

0 comments:

Post a Comment