Sunday, November 25, 2012

The American Feast in Berlin

November 22nd was Thanksgiving.


Back home in NY, Thanksgiving is a tradition my family and I never miss. It's always just the 5 of us (my mom, dad, brother, sister, and I), in our house. We watch Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade in the morning, and in the evening, we have a HUGE feast. It's just one of those holidays that even my super Japanese family likes to celebrate because it means we get to stuff our faces the whole night!

This year, I celebrated it in Berlin. And what a feast it was! Oliver and I rushed over to Kadewe (a department store with a gourmet food floor on top) in hopes of finding a Turkey last minute, but we ended up buying a chicken instead. From there, it was all improvisation. With a few last minute purchases and some things I had stocked up on a few days in advance, we went to his friend David's place and started to create.

We were worried at first we didn't buy enough food, but with the addition of a few more dishes from friends, we managed to make everybody's bellies happy.

Just see for yourself:





Truly something to be thankful for. And yet another successful Thanksgiving for the books!

0 comments:

Post a Comment