Thursday, November 29, 2012

Oh the weather outside is frightful!

 
When I told my father I was moving to Germany, he actually laughed and asked me "Are you sure you want to do that? Don't you remember when you were a kid, you cried everytime it got really cold?"

Hey dad, I'm not a kid anymore. I'm an adult. I know how to cry on the inside now.

It's true, I am weak to the cold. I also just talked to my flatmate, who told me it can be as low as -20 degrees celcius. CELCIUS. Oh lordy, I hope the central heating does not bust due to overusage because then, I will be wearing every article of clothing that I own.

In other news, here's a few things I need to tackle in the next few weeks:


 
Germany loves their Kürbis! And so do I. I'm more partial to the Sugar Pumpkin (the kind America has canned) and Kabocha (this is the most amazing thing steamed with sea salt), but I never say no to a squash! I'll be using them possibly in a dish with my butternut squash or maybe some cookies (!)


I need to pack! I'll be doing a lot of traveling this month (if all goes well, Sweden, Dresden, Paris, Poland). Yes, I will come back broke (that's when the dinner for 5 Euros articles begin), but I hope to gain new experiences and make new friends!


The Christmas Markets in Berlin have started, and how wonderful it is to be someplace new for Christmas! Don't get me wrong, I love Christmas in NY. No matter how many times I've experienced it, it's still magical. But German Christmas . . .  that's something entirely different. I can't wait to munch on gingerbread and buy a lot of random trinkets for my fam back home!

How is everyone else celebrating Christmas?

0 comments:

Post a Comment